- In 1904 Perry E. Canfield came to Waterloo and organized the Canfield
- The company was incorporated with a capital stock of 30,000 dollars.
- It was located on Falls Avenue in Waterloo.
- Lee Canfield, of Cedar Rapids, was president; C.J. Schneck, of
Waterloo, was vice president, and Perry E. Canfield was secretary
- In 1915, the plant was the largest of its kind in Waterloo covering
10 acres of land.
Source: John C. Hartman's History of Black Hawk County,
Iowa, and its people, Volume II, 1915.
in Iowa History Project, University of Northern Iowa.