- In 1902, W.W. Marsh started the Iowa Dairy Separator Company.
- It was incorporated and employed 15 workers.
- At that time, the company only manufactured cream separators.
- In 1903 the company moved to a large building on Mullan Avenue.
As the company grew, more buildings were constructed.
- In 1908 the company began to make gas engines as well as cream
- By 1922, the company employed 500 workers and at times the number
of employees reached 1000. It was one of the biggest separator manufacturing
plants in the Midwest.
- The company produced two kinds of cream separators and two kinds
of gasoline engines.
- Products were shipped to all the states of the Union, Canada,
Australia, New Zealand, England, France, and South America. An export
office is maintained at London, England, and branch houses, with
a manager in charge of each, were located at Syracuse NY, Columbus
OH, Omaha NE, Minneapolis MN, Kansas City MO, and Oklahoma City
Source: Waterloo Daily Courier, August 16, 1922.