- The Altstadt & Langlas Baking Company was located at 1428
Mulberry St in Waterloo.
- C.F. Alstadt was president and manager of the company and Mr.
Langlas was secretary and treasurer.
- Each day the company could bake twenty-five thousand loaves of
bread, two thousand pies and fifteen thousand cookies and other
- The company used 14,000 pounds of flour annually.
- By 1915, the company employed 60 people.
- It utilized eight wagons and three auto trucks in delivery.
- It shipped goods to eighty different towns and cities.
Source: John C. Hartman's History of Black Hawk County,
Iowa, and its people, Volume 2, published in 1915